Length of time in cart

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
mcardwell

Length of time in cart

Post by mcardwell »

My dog seems to enjoy extended periods in her cart. Is there a threshold where I should not leave her in the cart longer than ____? I hate to get her out of it if she seems to be enjoying it but I do not want to fatigue her either. Thanks.
nbregger

Re: Length of time in cart

Post by nbregger »

The typical time period in a wheelchair would be up to 1 hour. Keep in mind, she won't be able to sit or lie down in the cart. Most dogs will let their owners know it's time to get out by barking or whimpering. If the dog is in it too long, you might see chaffing around the legs. If you have a doxy, they can take short naps in the chair since they are so low to the ground. :thankyou:
Uriosman

Post by Uriosman »

Thank you very much for helping me
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Your Welcome. Send pictures of your dog in the wheelchair to HelpMe@WalkinPets.com for fitting evaluation:)