Wheelchair legs not locking

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Gglorioso78

Wheelchair legs not locking

Post by Gglorioso78 »

Hi! We have a 10yo Boxer with DM and bought a cart almost 6 months ago. It's been working fine and today we go to take him for a walk and the struts no longer lock in place. Our baby collapsed with all 4 legs flat out. Has anyone else experienced this and have a fix to the problem?
nbregger

Re: Wheelchair legs not locking

Post by nbregger »

Hi, I hope that your Boxer is not injured from the fall. It sounds like you need a new set of knuckles which hold the legs/wheels together. The part is $25.00/set of two. You can call Walkin' Pets by Handicappedpets.com at 888-253-0777 and ask for Nancy in the wheelchair Department. If you purchesed the cart from Handicappedpets.com, it might still be under warranty. :thankyou:
Gglorioso78

Post by Gglorioso78 »

That's awesome news!! We bought the cart second hand so I'm sure it's out of warranty. But replacing the knuckles is totally doable! Thank you!!!
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Please take a picture of what collapsed, that way I can help you figure out the problem. nancy@hpets.net