Questions about Quad Wheelchart front attachment

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
kitasplace

Questions about Quad Wheelchart front attachment

Post by kitasplace »

My basset Quincy's mobility has declined rapidly over the last several weeks so I decided to order the chair. I got the quad because I'm not sure how much strength he has in the front legs. Quincy can still walk a little but he falls over sometimes & has trouble getting up. He has DM.

Should I start him off with just the rear wheels? Or should I get him used to the quad . The rear wheels look like they may be easier to get used to first & easier for him to sniff the ground

Thanks
nbregger

Re: Questions about Quad Wheelchart front attachment

Post by nbregger »

Hi,

I would let Quincy use the rear wheels first and see what happens. If he keeps bowing down, you will probably need to add the front wheels. Feel free to send me a video
of him walking in the cart, :thankyou:
Nancy nancy@hpets.net
kitasplace

Re: Questions about Quad Wheelchart front attachment

Post by kitasplace »

I've had him in the chair a couple of days, he's still doesn't have the hang of it yet. How tight is the harness supposed to be? I'm having a hard time adjusting it properly.How long does it typically take to get him walking in the chair?

Thanks