Tips on Getting Dog Used to WheelChair + Fit Tips

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.

Moderator: nbregger

Forum rules
For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Courtneycp

Tips on Getting Dog Used to WheelChair + Fit Tips

Post by Courtneycp » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:12 am

Hi! I am a 3-month owner of a mini poodle paralyzed in her back 2 legs. She was paralyzed by injury. We have the small rear wheelchair and I can't seem to get her to love it. She definitely is okay in it, but I just want her to LOVE it and be able to move around as effortlessly as possible. She seems so excited when I put her in it, but when she is in it, she just stands there or moves very slowly. I have the original wheels - maybe she needs the larger ones? I also have it set up so her backside is just slightly higher than her front - is that wrong?

Any tips are welcome!!

nbregger
Forum Moderator

Re: Tips on Getting Dog Used to WheelChair + Fit Tips

Post by nbregger » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi Courtney,
The best thing for you to do is email me a picture of your dog in the wheelchair for fitting evaluation. That way I can be sure everything is fitting properly and then give tips. Please get down low when you take a side view and rear view. You can send it to this email with your name on the subject line: nancy@hpets.net :thankyou: