Tips on Getting Dog Used to WheelChair + Fit Tips

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Courtneycp

Tips on Getting Dog Used to WheelChair + Fit Tips

Post by Courtneycp »

Hi! I am a 3-month owner of a mini poodle paralyzed in her back 2 legs. She was paralyzed by injury. We have the small rear wheelchair and I can't seem to get her to love it. She definitely is okay in it, but I just want her to LOVE it and be able to move around as effortlessly as possible. She seems so excited when I put her in it, but when she is in it, she just stands there or moves very slowly. I have the original wheels - maybe she needs the larger ones? I also have it set up so her backside is just slightly higher than her front - is that wrong?

Any tips are welcome!!
nbregger

Re: Tips on Getting Dog Used to WheelChair + Fit Tips

Post by nbregger »

Hi Courtney,
The best thing for you to do is email me a picture of your dog in the wheelchair for fitting evaluation. That way I can be sure everything is fitting properly and then give tips. Please get down low when you take a side view and rear view. You can send it to this email with your name on the subject line: nancy@hpets.net :thankyou:
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Jessica,

Send me a few pictures of your dog in the wheelchair for fitting evaluation. I would like to see a side view and rear view. I am sure I can get your dog loving her wheels. Also, on the subject line, put your name and email address, phone number so I can contact you.
nancy@hpets.net :thankyou:
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Courtney, The first you will need to do is take 3 pictures of your dog in the wheelchair. I would need to see a side view, rear view and overhead view. Then i can evaluate the fitting and give you tips to get her to Love her wheelchair. If you were shipped two size wheels, you need to use the bigger ones. The smaller ones are for a dachshund. You can send the pictures to:
Helpme@walkinpets.com and put your name on the subject line so I can get back to you. :thankyou: