New b here deaf French bulldog

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Blake2018

New b here deaf French bulldog

Post by Blake2018 »

Hello everyone I'm new to walkin wheels. Recently my 3yr old frenchy (French bulldog) all so born deaf rear legs became paralyzed/wobbly. Not sure if it's ivdd or nuro or both, unfortunately I could not afford the MRI or surgery. We are doing pain management.

I recently purchased wheels for him, I'm wondering what works well when starting to train him. He loves the harness, knowing he's going somewhere but once I put his legs in he bucks. Would appreciate some advice.

Thank you
Janet
Attachments
20220105_155111~4.jpg
wpjillian
Forum Moderator

Re: New b here deaf French bulldog

Post by wpjillian »

Hi Blake2018!
Thank you for posting! My name is Jillian, from Walkin' Pets. I would be happy to help you! Training typically starts with 5-10 minutes in the wheelchair at a time and building on that as your pup becomes more comfortable and confident. Lots of positive reinforcement and treats whenever your pup is near or in the wheelchair.
I would be more than happy to take a look at some photos of your pup in his new wheels to make sure everything looks okay! I will send you my direct email via private message!
-Jillian
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:welcome:
Blake2018

Post by Blake2018 »

Thank you