I need a pattern

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
judithharalson12

I need a pattern

Post by judithharalson12 »

Tilly the Hun is very low to the ground 10lb doxie. She can go like the wind across my vinyl floors but I have to keep her tummy covered with something or she gets "road rash". I have found the best thing is the sleeve from a large or extra large tee shirt or turtle neck, or sweat shirt if in cold country. The knitted cuff becomes her turtle neck, then I cut holes for her front legs. It has to be long enough that I bring the back end over her back and use a small refrigerator clamp to secure it all. However, as well as it works, that turtle neck on her is going to get awfully hot here in Fl. I need a pattern that will not enclose her so much and has a pocket that will hold a pee pad of sorts. Just a diaper won't stay on her for 10 minutes. I bought a diaper cover and it keeps the diaper on if I cinch it down tightly, but doesn't take care of the "road rash". I know others have been confronted with this problem and I am sure have solved it.
Needs:
1. means of keeping it on like suspenders
2. covers her tummy
3. holds a pee pad in a pocket that will come up over her back like a diaper.
Thanks so much.

Judith and Tilly the Hun