I feel so guilty bladder infection in my paraylised dog

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
giselle.bussi

Re: I feel so guilty bladder infection in my paraylised dog

Post by giselle.bussi »

Hi everyone. Back for advice.
My dog is 60 days taking different antibiotics (30 for 2 type and + 30 for other 2 types), but the urine is still red and now it seems with live blood and viscous. The vet asked us to do ultrasound, urine and blood test. As he cannot get health insurance (since we got the U.S. is with urinary tract infection) I would like some hint if there are hospitals or centers to make this low-cost tests. I'm living in San Diego.

Thank you all.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Hmm. Low or lower-cost vets exist, and I'd think there are some around San Diego. Maybe call around to rescue organizations, etc. and see who they think is cheaper? Or call some spay/neuter clinics and see who they think? Those kinds of people would be the ones who know. I know several in Virginia, but that won't help. :)
giselle.bussi

Post by giselle.bussi »

critters wrote:Hmm. Low or lower-cost vets exist, and I'd think there are some around San Diego. Maybe call around to rescue organizations, etc. and see who they think is cheaper? Or call some spay/neuter clinics and see who they think? Those kinds of people would be the ones who know. I know several in Virginia, but that won't help. :)

Thank you.... I'm calling to rescue places. Already found better prices. :thankyou: :angel:
shaesgrammi

Post by shaesgrammi »

Hi Everyone! Wow! I didn't realise that it was so long ago since my last posting! :shock:

Turbo has now been with us since 2011 and doing wonderful! I was so new to expressing his bladder! I was scared and frustrated but now have gotten the hang of it quite well! Turbo has done fantastic with regards to bladder infections. You have to be patient when expressing their bladders. I will express him and have to wait until his bladder contracts and he takes a deep breath. Then I am able to express more urine. I do this over a 10 minute period and pet him in between expressing. I find it helps so much with his infections. Since 2011 he has only had 5 bladder infections. I really believe it is because I take time to express as much as I can each time and use a warm cloth to wipe his pee pee :wink: after I am done! Keeping the fur trimmed around his penis helps too!

Hoping you all have solutions to your past problems! Take care!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:thankyou: for the update, shaesgrammi! So many people never update, which makes it hard for people coming along to be able to see the good stuff that can happen as time goes by.

gisselle, glad you're finding cheaper options!