DARK SPOTS ON NOSE... SIGN OF UTI?

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
rubyraquelita

DARK SPOTS ON NOSE... SIGN OF UTI?

Post by rubyraquelita »

Hello everyone!
My handicapped cat (no tail, diapers, incontinent) whose name is Mimi has developed 4 UTI in the last year, since I adopted her.
I am expressing her and taking care of her as much as I can. I did notice that when the infection happens, she always has freckles, big ones, on her normally pink nose. She is having a terrible constipation issue as well sometimes, which prevents me from giving her the Hills CD she was eating. The ideal was giving her the CD in cans but I can afford it, it is about $8 a day and lets say at the end I make the effort and I pay for it which I could, at the end, her life is priceless to me, but they don´t even import it in those amounts I need (I am in Peru by the way). So, I changed to fancy feast, chicken and salmon (the only ones we get here). She started developing a strong smell on her pee about 2 months ago. She didn´t have that smell before and I think that she might be having a long incubation for the infection. She just developed the freckles again. Her mood is perfectly fine, so that is not the issue, but the spots and the smell worry me. Any clue of what is going on with Mimi?
THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!
CarolC

Re: DARK SPOTS ON NOSE... SIGN OF UTI?

Post by CarolC »

Hi rubyraquelita,

It is interesting the spots are coming at the same time as UTI. I have not heard of this. :? What color is Mimi? Is she orange?
critters
Founding Member

Re: DARK SPOTS ON NOSE... SIGN OF UTI?

Post by critters »

I haven't heard of that either. My red-headed boys get speckles on their nose, but not from UTIs.