Butterbean kitten

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Butterbean kitten

Post by Bendy Kitty »

Had an interesting thing happen with this little guy. When he arrived here his bladder was FULL. I had been told he was very hard to express.
Expressed him no prob. Later that day expressed him again, again he had a full bladder. Went to express him after about 8 hours and hmmm, nothing.
and then all teh next day, nothing, but his diaper was wet Friday.
Today I've been paying very close attention. While expressing him fecally I noticed an actual stream of urine - not powered by me. He wasn't dribbling, but had a decently strong stream. I would then try to express him and...maybe a few lil drops.
Ok, wait about ten minutes, watch. I coudl actually see teh contraction in his lower abdomen that produced the stream. But he is entirely oblivious to it. He has no feeling that I can tell in his tail, hind legs, or genitalia. Interestingly he does not chew or injure his hind legs or tail. If I squeeze his toes and spaces between them there is no response BUT he will have involuntary toe twitching and does have a slight firing of the quadriceps. That is on the leg that sticks out straight and is fused that way (which is planned for amputation later as it does get in the way & get stuck on things).

His scald is healing up well. The skin has granulated and the areas are shrinking. I have misplaced by Aquaphor cream so I"m using Dermasil instead. not nearly as good, i need to pick up anotehr thing of Aquaphor if I can't find the missing one tomorrow. I took some picts tonite.

overall he is a happy little guy.
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Re: Butterbean kitten

Post by Bendy Kitty »

Butterbean's TAIL MOVED!!!!!

mom thought it was locked to the side, but it flicked and she was able to get it to straighten!
she said maybe the warm baths n massages are waken up wut nerfs I have. she very excited for me.
yesterday i demonstrated i coudl pee gud on my own, she coudl see my tummy contract and then tadah. that is good.

so maybe i gets to be a more functional kitty offer time.
oh that would be great!

Butterbean

LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Good job Butterbean! And your mama too!

I love your name.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Ohhhh..... :wub: :wub: :wub: He's in the right place. :angel:
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

he has made a new friend....
Attachments
Isina the cat loving dog is thrilled with her new baby.
Isina the cat loving dog is thrilled with her new baby.

Christine

Post by Christine »

I didn't know you had any doggies!!! Baby Butterbean is making history right before our eyes! Love the picture with his "auntie". :wub:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Shaz

Post by Shaz »

Awwwwwww, well done to you Butterbean and your Mom:) :trophy:

That is one lovely photo and thanks for sharing and bringing a Smile to my Door. MORE!!!! lol
Sharon:)
2 x 10 year old Pugs, Duke and Duchess. Duchess has hind leg paralysis.
1 x 3 year old Maltese (Terror) Terrior! Oly
2 x 5 year old Greenwing Macaws, Missy and Rojo
Living in Spain.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

the little guy continues to do well.

here is very cooperative, even lets me put bows on his head :)
Attachments
BBSmilebow.jpg

Shaz

Post by Shaz »

Oh Bless, doesn't he look the Biz all decked out like a Christmas Present :D May Butterbean always be patient with his Mom!!! Great to hear he continues to improve and I can tell you are doing Wonders there, brilliant work!!

Sharon:)
2 x 10 year old Pugs, Duke and Duchess. Duchess has hind leg paralysis.
1 x 3 year old Maltese (Terror) Terrior! Oly
2 x 5 year old Greenwing Macaws, Missy and Rojo
Living in Spain.
Christine

Post by Christine »

sASHA, YOU are A MIRACLE worker. Butterbean looks absolutely smug as if to say - "Yep, this is my house, my family and I am here to stay!"
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

more good news!
noticed tonite, as mom was watching a movie wif mutterbean in her lap, rubbing on his legs, that the totally stiff leg now has a little motino at the 'heel'!! woohoo. it would be great if we could get that leg somehow semi functional.

ok, so who here knows about scrotal abnormalities??? his scrotum and penile sheath are one thing. fur on one side, no obviuos testes. underneath he has no sheath, jsut skin wiht a little hole in the end, the penis does not extend at all. more like a girl's opening. the whole thing is a little knob that sticks out. very very strange.

gotta know if anyone else has seen this or anything like it.

Christine

Post by Christine »

Is it possible that Mr. Butterbean is actually Miss Butterbean???
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/contumacy- ... 784685327/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/contumacy- ... 396066242/

Sounds like cryptorchidism. The missing testicles sound familiar but the description of the sheath does not. Supposedly the testicles can still drop up till 6 months, if not then neuter surgery is abdominal. Glad he is urinating OK.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

OK, he must really really have some megacutenesscharm because he pulled off something today that about made my mom faint. I am just copying her post from facebook.. you're not gonna beleef this!

Butterbean must have really charmed the office manager today. After his photo shoot (he was very very wiggly but thanks to a bag of treats we got soe good shots) me an assorted staff were looking at his funny legs and pondering what other deformities he might have. he drinks a LOT of water and I suspect he has some wierd mutant kidney in there. so teh office manager says 'we could do an ultrasound.' and i reply 'is Gene going to donate it?' (referring to the clinic owner). 'well sometimes we do things just for education, I will see what I can arrange.'
wow. never in a zillion years did i expect that. so hopefully this will work out and we can have a look at how the little guy is put together. I'll admit to being very curious, just not curious enough to pay for an ultrasound.

Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

Butterbean is continuing to make noticable improvements on a daily basis.
now if you brush the side of his tail, it will twitch in the opposite direction, and if you brush the tip it will curl up.
he was stalking something and wanted to pounce, his folded up leg started twitching.
all very encouraging.

he is getting much stronger, walkingon his front legs better and he is trying to hike up his butt when he walks. he isn't strong enough yet to hold it off the ground, but you can see his back muscles contracting and he gets a little lift for a few seconds.

i am away right now so he is at a friend's house. i'm told he fussed when she took too long figuring out his diaper but was very good for his bath.