making a quick kitten diaper from a puppy pad

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

making a quick kitten diaper from a puppy pad

Post by BendyMom »

Black Cherry Whishniak wears these, and will demonstrate for you how they are made.
it takes a little adjusting to get it snug enough so she doesn't wiggle out of it.
you can wrap vetwrap around the top to help it stay on.

these work fairly well and help keep her and my floor a lot cleaner. when she gets wrestling with the other kittens, well, i just make her a new diaper for afterwards.
Attachments
I start with half a small puppy pad.  cut two holes where the legs will go. <br />put a half a maxi pad inbetween them.  you might need to put extra tape one either end of the pad to hold in place.
I start with half a small puppy pad. cut two holes where the legs will go.
put a half a maxi pad inbetween them. you might need to put extra tape one either end of the pad to hold in place.
slide legs through leg holes.
slide legs through leg holes.
tape over back - this is just scotch tape
tape over back - this is just scotch tape
the final product! hooray!
the final product! hooray!
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Re: making a quick kitten diaper from a puppy pad

Post by CarolC »

That's cute! I didn't realize they make puppy pads that small. It looks really simple, is she good about letting you put it on? She doesn't appear to be struggling...? Dolly has gotten to the place where when I come home from work, I will call her and she comes and sits by my feet so I can take off her diaper, put in a new pad, then pick her up and put it on her. I really appreciate how she helps. I don't have to go get her and she doesn't run off while her diaper is off. Cherry has such an intelligent look on her face in the picture, she's very beautiful.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Re: making a quick kitten diaper from a puppy pad

Post by BendyMom »

I take a small puppy pad and cut it in half for her.
actually that face is saying "enough with the camera already put me down!"
she is pretty cooperative. she (and Bbean) get impatient if I take too long. Bbean will most definitely run away if he can, he loves the 'catch me' game. :)
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.