Frequency of urination

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
marilynb

Frequency of urination

Post by marilynb »

My doxin Wally is not peeing, I expressed him at 9:00 am, it is now 8 hours later and he hasn't peed. I tried to espress him an hour ago and I was able to get a littl
e out. I always change him every 4 hours and his diaper is always wet. I would appreciate some ideas, thank you.
slshepherds

Re: Frequency of urination

Post by slshepherds »

You might want to talk to, or have your pup seen by your vet - it may be he is getting a urinary tract infection. I find the same thing happens whenever Carl is getting a UTI - his urine output decreases, he is harder to express and gradually become uncomfortable when expressed. For Carl this happens a couple of days before I see obvious signs of a UTI (foul smell, cloudy colour)

Joanne
Joanne
Carl, Tiny, Freckles (paralyzed Lab, mix and Red Heeler)
Sam I Am (Lymphoma, Lab)
Eli, Aoibhe, Tesla (limb deformities, GSDs and Lab mix)
Mochridhe (storage disease, GSD)

http://www.straightlegshepherds.org
http://www.paralyzeddogs.org
marilynb

Post by marilynb »

Thank you joanne
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

It could also be stones/crystals causing a blockage. I agree on seeing the vet. Of course, it would be the weekend, wouldn't it.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Marilyn, how is he doing now?
marilynb

Post by marilynb »

I am sorry iI didn't get back to you Carol, I haven't been feeling well. As for wally, I ended up giving him cranberry sauce. I don't know if I mentioned it before that Wally had passed bladder crystals, the vet then put him on cranberry pills, I was giving him 1 pill 5 days a week.(450mg) extract. NATURE MADE brand I wasn't abe toget this brand lately at this mg. I bought the Walgreens brand 450mg and the vet told me to give him on a quarter of this pill 5 days a week. I have been doing this for about 6 weeks now. I have the feeling that Wally needs more as his urine is very concentrated. It has been trial and error so far.I believe the crandberry sauce has helped him, I only give him a little and it is the jelled kind. I thank everyone who replied to this for me I am sorry I didn't replyi sooner.