Science Diet changed their product line

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
CarolC

Science Diet changed their product line

Post by CarolC »

They used to have canine w/d dry, then they had regular w/d dry and also a chicken flavor w/d dry. As of 3 months ago they only have the chicken flavor. Rats. We tried the chicken flavor twice a few years ago and I didn't like the smell and my dog's stools were not the same so we stuck with regular flavor, now we have no choice. The vet gave me a baggie of the chicken flavor and actually, it does not seem as smelly or "coated" as it was a few years ago, at least not to me. It used to be coated with something that you could see and it looked slightly splotchy, it appears less so now.

Well, we are going to try it, but I am worried. This is the dog who got bloody diarrhea, which I posted about http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/view ... =5&t=18753, when I changed her diet a few months ago, resulting in a vet appointment, antibiotics, and several loads of bloody laundry to try to deal with. I hope she'll be OK.

Authority did this to my senior cat, too. We used to buy the Authority Indoor Chicken, it was THE food he ate all the time for years, and they just got rid of it. We tried the regular chicken and it did not agree with him.

I swear, my dog has been eating the regular w/d dry since 2009. I have recommended it in many posts, and if the "new" w/d is not the same, what am I going to do about all my old posts saying how well it works for an incontinent dog, if now it doesn't?

:( *****SIGH*****
CarolC

Re: Science Diet changed their product line

Post by CarolC »

Just wanted to report, the new w/d dry is working fine with my dog's system, I think it is going to be OK. :D
critters
Founding Member

Re: Science Diet changed their product line

Post by critters »

That's good! Nothing worse than squirts with a handicapper!!! :blush: