diaper problem

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
lili2001

diaper problem

Post by lili2001 »

Hi everyone, lili has been using a nappy and because she is a small dog but with a bit of a tummy, we use baby nappies for her. They draw all the moisture away from her fur and skin so she is kept very dry and clean. The problem we have is, when we make the hole for her tail, the beads inside the nappy, come out and I find them inside the nappy when she is cleaned. Can these cause an infection and any tips on how to stop the beads coming out please. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Suzanne and Katie....and lili.
CarolC

Re: diaper problem

Post by CarolC »

They will not cause infection, but it is kind of messy having those little clear white sand-like particles come out. The trick would be to put a little dab of tape around the opening, there are several videos where people do this. For what it's worth, a tiny bit off the subject, I used to use incontinence pads inside a denim diaper for my one dog, and she is small so I used half a pad and had the same issue with the "silt" coming out. But lately (at least the past year) the Poise brand seems to have done something different and they do not leak sand from the edge where cut in half like they used to. Hopefully some of the diapers may go the same route eventually. :D