Constipated Manx kitten

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Re: Constipated Manx kitten

Post by BendyMom »

what a great little family. Is your pup a French bulldog? I don't see many of those so I'm kind of guessing.
She is definitely a persian, she probably has spina bifida. It can happen in any breed, just more common in the manx breed.
soemtimes posting photos can be very frustrating, i've had to resize quite a few.

How is she doimg today?/
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
Bwalden

Post by Bwalden »

Yes a Frenchie she was a rescue we got a couple years ago. Well she's eating the food good the vet gave her and she's not throwing up anymore but I still don't think she's pooped. She looks like she tries to go but nothing happens. She has had 5 doses of the lactulose so far. She seems to be herself 2 when she first wakes up
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

not throwing up is a big deal.
is teh food the Royal Canin Intestinal Diet? I ask because I had mixed results with it, but I know some people who swear by it. Is she drinking a lot? Getting them to drink more is very helpful. I would think if she hasn't pooped by tomorrow morning (i'm on teh east coast usa) I'd call teh vet and let them know. She may need a dose of fluids. Getting things figured out at first can be tricky.
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Bwalden wrote:I've been trying to post a pic from my phone but it keeps saying it's too large I'll keep trying though she's a doll
This is the nicest picture resizer I have found. Would love to see her. :D

http://www.online-image-editor.com/
Bwalden

Post by Bwalden »

I was finally able to post pics from my computer. Should be able to see them at the end of this
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

BOY is she cute! OMG! :hearts:
Bwalden

Post by Bwalden »

Yes she is. And she's doing so much better. The new bed put her on a new diet with the lactulose three times a day and she is pooping on her own again. Butt she also seems to be lacking control of it and I'm finding little chunks of it laying everywhere and have to help her by herself. Is that normal?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Awww, what cute pics!! :wub:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Are you expressing poop? What ain't in can't fall out! :D