Vitamin B for Nerve Damage

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
CaliCatsMom

Vitamin B for Nerve Damage

Post by CaliCatsMom »

My beloved cat Cali dislocated he back and was left fecal and bladder incontinent three and a half years ago. Soon after she developed inflammatory cystitis from the brewers yeast in the supplement I gave her to help her poop. Then she developed chronic constipation. I have most recently found that it was the B vitamins in the brewers yeast that were essential to help her damaged nerves function. I got the most help from a website for cats with renal failure on the dosing and available products.

http://www.zzcat.com/CRF/supplies/vitaminb.htm
krisrath11

Re: Vitamin B for Nerve Damage

Post by krisrath11 »

So I read the post and it says the b vitamin is good for nerve damage, but the link is associated with crf. My little bob though not a Manx cat has a spinal defect leaving him with Manx syndrome. It is the nerve damage that actually causes the incontinence and I am always looking for something to help him in any way especially that's natural.
ruknumfon

Post by ruknumfon »

I know nothing is always right. Thoughts of people, the truth will come true.
CaliCatsMom

Post by CaliCatsMom »

My suggestion is some Chiropractic evaluation and maybe treatment (get x-ray from your vet) and use of Acupressure (see book Acu-Cat A Guide to feline Acupressure). I just lost my girl to intestinal cancer 4 years after a spinal injury that caused incontinence and constipation. I was giving her 0.5 ml of Twinlabs B complex and 1000 mg of B-12 for nerve pain. Glucosamine, chondroitin and Omega 3 helps the pain and functionality, also.