What kind of baby wipes?

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
Ldropps

What kind of baby wipes?

Post by Ldropps »

What kind of baby wipes do you use?

I started off with Water Wipes, but there was still a strong urine smell. This however was before he got his cart. He seems to drink more water since he got his wheels. His urine is a much better color.

Now I use Nature's Miracle bath wipes and sometime the spray. He doesn't seem to have any issues with them, but he's always wet down there and I worry. Sometimes we have naked time and try to air out that area, but he often end up peeing and then it's bath time.

I want to prevent any issues if I can. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- Laura

Mom of Frankie, a yorkiepoo adopted on 12/28/16 at 6 months old. He was stepped on at 9 weeks & broke his back at T12. He has underwent water & cold laser therapy. On 2/9/17 he received his cart. There's no stopping him now!
critters
Founding Member

Re: What kind of baby wipes?

Post by critters »

Hmm. I've never used any special kinds of wipes; the last I used was Pampers. I'm also a fan of the "butt bath," rather than the whole thing. A butt shave, AKA a "pooper path" can also be a BIG help because there isn't as much hair to absorb either water or pee. Could you express him, clean him, then have his naked time? Maybe he'd get drier that way.
Ldropps

Re: What kind of baby wipes?

Post by Ldropps »

That's a great idea! Thank you
- Laura

Mom of Frankie, a yorkiepoo adopted on 12/28/16 at 6 months old. He was stepped on at 9 weeks & broke his back at T12. He has underwent water & cold laser therapy. On 2/9/17 he received his cart. There's no stopping him now!