choosing the right diaper size

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
jd

Re: choosing the right diaper size

Post by jd »

Hi,

Thought I would let you guys the washable belly bands finally came. :clap: They're great. Nice and thick and with 2 Poise pads can get a few nights use out of just one. No leakage at all and they stay on. Actually the XL just fits Mack. The velcro just meets. Happy Paws seem to be the answer.

At his vet appt. found out he's got a bladder infection...so he's switched antibiotics..from ones for his teeth to ones for his bladder. They seem to be starting to work.

Have also been using the Snout Soother we got on his crusty nose. In just three days it looks almost normal and it was bad. I imagine the Skin Soother we got for the diaper rash..(if he ever gets it) will work just as great.

Unfortunately we're going to cancel Sadie's teeth cleaning and biopsy for the lump on leg. Maybe wait a a couple weeks. At the vets they tried to take her blood pressure without success. She is petrified going there so shakes. Can't take BP when they shake. So gave her sedation hoping to calm her down. Didn't work except to make her very weak in the hind legs. She wasn't well for a couple days. Now she's definitely drinking more water. I'm starting to make homemade kidney recipes for her after she threw up the food from the vet. I'm thinking it's the way to go anyway. It's somewhat confusing figuring exactly what to put into the diet but suppose that will eventually become second nature. Today she's more like herself but we're still going to wait on the surgery right now.

Anyway Mack's doing well in his new duds, :malewrap:

Thanks for the help,

jd
Some people don't understand why I help animals in need.
I don't understand why they wonder.
critters
Founding Member

Re: choosing the right diaper size

Post by critters »

Congrats on getting some stuff sorted out, anyway! Stuff tends to come in bunches like bananas. :mrgreen: