Disposable male wraps

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
CarolC

Disposable male wraps

Post by CarolC »

I was looking online at disposable male wraps. There are a lot of brands. No need to stick a pad in, you just take a fresh one out of the package and fasten it around his waist, the absorbent part is built in. I wonder how absorbent they are? They would cost more than using Poise pads in a cloth wrap, they run as much as $1 a wrap. I went through 4 or 5 changes a day with Merlin, which would be $150/month in wraps. If they are less absorbent than pads, you'd use even more per day. I don't see any that say how many ounces or ml of liquid they will absorb. A Poise Overnight pad will hold 500 ml of liquid (over 2 cups). They say this disposable wrap contains a high capacity super absorbent core. It doesn't show anywhere near 2 cups in the video (doesn't say what size the wrap is either) but it certainly looks like they're trying to make a good product. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF92WnLhzQU

critters
Founding Member

Re: Disposable male wraps

Post by critters »

I would say that it probably has a place in the world, but I agree that I don't know how truly useful it will be, given all the things you already mentioned. Maybe for "emergencies..."