Gerber sweet potatoes

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
CarolC

Gerber sweet potatoes

Post by CarolC »

I have not actually tried this for incontinence, but I think it might work. People are always recommending plain canned pumpkin for pets with diarrhea or constipation. I tried it and didn't have that much luck.
https://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1909&p=7990#p7990 wrote:I tried pumpkin with her a week ago and she ate it the first time, then left it the second time. After several days of having it sitting in the fridge, I made pumpkin muffins. She liked those! :)
I have a very senior dog who is having trouble keeping weight on, and I tried Gerber sweet potatoes for her and she loves it. She'll finish or mostly finish it every time. They come in two sizes, the 1st Foods size is a small 2 oz. tub, and the 2nd Foods is twice as big, a 4 oz tub. She is under 5 lbs and she can finish most of a large one. I never have an open can of pumpkin (or sweet potatoes) sitting in the fridge so it's not wasted.

Gerber sells them individually in the store, or I've been getting them in boxes of 16 online.

Gerber_sweet_potatoes.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Re: Gerber sweet potatoes

Post by critters »

Good idea!! :smart: