Baby diaper booster pads (aka diaper doublers)

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
CarolC

Baby diaper booster pads (aka diaper doublers)

Post by CarolC »

There seem to be a lot of brands of diaper booster pads for babies now. For anyone not familiar with boosters, a booster is an absorbent pad that does not have a vinyl back. You put it into another diaper and it soaks up wetness but also allows extra wetness to pass through into the diaper, so you have the diaper and the booster working together. It's helpful for dogs who are urinating a lot, for example dogs on steroids who are drinking a lot of water because of the medication, or senior dogs with kidney issues that drink a lot of water.

People here have recommended adult booster pads (like Attends) for a dog who is soaking his diaper too quickly. I think originally, adult boosters were all there were. But now that a lot of families are trying to go green and use cloth baby diapers, they are making them for babies.

I wonder if some of the baby boosters might be a good size for smaller dogs like dachshunds if you need to increase absorbency? I looked at the Sposie website and did not see the dimensions. It only says if it is too big to fit inside your baby's diaper, you can try folding it in half. The Charlie Banana inserts are 14" x 6.5", which might work in a male wrap for a medium dog. NorthShore has two sizes, 11" x 3.75" and 13.5" x 4.25". There are probably other brands, but these are some examples.

Sposies.jpg
Charlie_Banana.PNG
northshore-baby-booster-pads.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Re: Baby diaper booster pads (aka diaper doublers)

Post by critters »

Yes, these things are a GREAT idea, although I can't say how well they work.
FYI

Disposable booster pads made for dogs

Post by FYI »

https://pawinspired.com/products/dispos ... oster-pads

Paw Inspired® Disposable Booster Pads for Dog Diapers and Male Wraps

Booster-Pads.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Re: Baby diaper booster pads (aka diaper doublers)

Post by critters »

People LOVE the human ones.