UPDATE NO UTI YAAYYYYY Thanks to all !

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
Christine

Re: Bailey's blood test, etc.

Post by Christine »

Bailey fluxuates between 50 and 54 pounds and the vet said that 20 mg is a very low dose for her.

Milk Thistle is for liver health. I have been giving her a dropperful twice a day since her levels went back up to 750. I spoke with my friend who own the health food store today and she felt that this may be the reason the levels came back down and that giving it to here will not hurt and probably contune to help.

I have actually wondered about the possiblity of keeping her on prednisone after I just found out that my sister-in-law is prescribed prednisone every day for a chronic sinus condition. It definitely seems to be a wonder drug in Bailey's case - especially a month ago.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
ems736336

Re: Bailey's blood test, etc.

Post by ems736336 »

Hi Christine and Bailey (and Glen),
Sounds like things with Bailey are interesting. Have you ever thought of talking with Roger DeHaan or perhaps the person that Wise Owl has found that has worked with Dr Pitcairn (sp?)? Both of them do homeopathy as well as many other things including the holistic, etc.
I am anxious to see how things go with stepping down on the Prednisone. Unfortunately my dog deteriorated very quickly when on Prednisone or Dexamethazone (two separate incidents). Very weird. He went from barely walking to no walking and no muscle mass, vomiting, horrible diahrrea, total lethargy, non caring jelly type mass overnight. When we got him off of both of them, he responded relatively well and seemed to rehabilitate himself. So, we of course do not use those things anymore.
How are you doing with your accident and subsequent surgery? Are you feeling o.k.? I sure hope so. Take care and keep us up to date on how Bailey is doing.