Diarrhea

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Diarrhea

Post by critters »

LOL I've been known to use a splash of stink juice in the wash water.

Dianne, have you tried Immodium? Works GREAT here, but my monsters don't like the cherry flavor.
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Nope, haven't tried Immodium. Will get that tomorrow morning.

He seems well otherwise, is still jumping up and down like a Jack Rusell. Don't know what it could be but an imbalance in his system... Never had this before. Pee smells normal...

Back to folding dog laundry...
mydogfarted

Post by mydogfarted »

When was the last time a fecal was done? It's a long shot, but after two weeks of the poops, it couldn't hurt anything but your wallet. ;)
Toni

Post by Toni »

The fecal idea is a good one...also perhaps probiotics. I've had several customers use a powdered product by Eagle..its in Eagle's Holistic line. One is for changing from one type of food to another (called HolisticTransition ). I can't think of the name of the one for diarrhea. I'll check at the shop tomorrow and post it so you can check on it if you ar interested.
I've used it on my dogs and found it to be quite helpful
Maybe even a little yogurt..live culture?
Also, boiled white rice sometimes helps. I've used boiled rice made in chicken broth..makes it more palatable without any fats or oils.
Just a few extra ideas for you!
Good luck with all that!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Thanks Toni and "MDF" but he has been well for a couple of weeks with no reoccurrence since I tried the Petpectillin. Got it at Petsmart and it worked VERY well. He wouldn't lap it up until I added the homebrewed chicken broth on it.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions.

D