Have you tried the SleepPee Bed?

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
missie

Have you tried the SleepPee Bed?

Post by missie »

Has anyone tried the SleepPee Bed featured on this website? I've read the reviews but would be interested in more opinions regarding this product. Thanks!
Eternal

Re: Have you tried the SleepPee Bed?

Post by Eternal »

Greetings,
I was going to post a fresh post but yours was already there. I was planning to purchase a sleepee time bed for my dog who cannot walk. My only issue is deciding whether to get her the size large, which should be big enough, or the extra large so she has more room to move around. The other issue for me is one of space. I live in a small apartment in nyc, and truthfully, there is just no room for the bed here. I am in the process of moving around some furniture to make room for it.
Anyway, in addition to your question, I would like to ask anyone who has used this product about a size issue. My dog is 40 lb retriever mix. On one hand, the large size bed should be big enough and sitll "cradle" her, but on the other hand, she likes to sprawl. I really don't know what to do. I was just going to get the extra large but I really don't know how I can make it fit. Even the large will be a bit of a challenge.
I hope some people will respond to our posts....
best of luch to you with your little one as well.
~E
Eternal

Re: Have you tried the SleepPee Bed? Yes I Have!!!

Post by Eternal »

Greetings Missie :)
Well, I was on my own making that decision, and since my place is small, I went with the size large instead of the extra large.
I have only had the bed for a few days but I have to say already that I LOVE IT!!!
My dog is WAY more comfortable now!
She doesn’t get all wet, the bed is far more comfortable than the floor where she was before, lying on wee wee pads and wearing diapers, and it is sooo much better for me too.
It was back breaking to have to change diapers all the time and wee wee pads and clean up my baby and clean the floor several times a day.
Now, I have very little clean up and so we are both far more comfortable.
I don't know the details of your situation, my dog is unable to walk.
It is just horrible how many people will just ask me why I don't put her down...
obviously, I am not ready to do that. She is not in pain, the rest of her is still working (she is 14) so that is not the right choice for us.
This bed, allows me to keep my dog happier, and healthier.
I love this bed. It was definitely money well spent.
I could go on but I would just be repeating myself.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
I wish you and your fluffy friend well.
I will try to post some pictures soon.
Best wishes,
~Eternal
Winnie

Re: Have you tried the SleepPee Bed? Yes I Have!!!

Post by Winnie »

Hi Eternal !

I am trying to order a SleePee Time Bed for a paralysed dog at a dog shelter. Did you get your bed via handicapped pets.com ? I noted that the bed is temporarily unavailable, I do not know if there are other places where I can order it on-line.

There are beds available on e-bay but only for shipment to US and Canada and I am from Hong Kong.

The poor dog (Durian) we are trying to help has a big wound on her tail as she has to drag her rear all the time and the wound would not recover. Any advice ? Many thanks.
Attachments
Durian.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Hiya, Winnie! I've emailed Mark for you, to see what the deal is with the beds.
pmilner

Post by pmilner »

When my dog first was paralyzed, I was changing belly bands (male diaper), washing linens, mopping floor, etc. frequently. After I learned his body schedule and learned how to completely get almost all the urine out, he rarely has an accident and sleeps through the night dry and he no longer wears a belly wrap.

I express him 7am, 1pm 5pm and 10 pm. I express his poop at 7am, 1pm and 10pm.
http://users.cyberport.net/~milnerwm/Expressing.html

For a dog that scoots with their legs to the front like a frog or a bit to the side, the BumPad gives nice cushion to their boney butts and protects from abrasion. http://users.cyberport.net/~milnerwm/bumpad1.html

3M makes a spray on bandage that is breathable & waterproof
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/e ... tingSpray/
--
Paula Milner
Lewis and Clark (3 surgeries, paralyzed since Jan 2007;
Sept 10, 2007 superficial pain sensation)
Dachsie IVDD Care FAQ:
http://users.cyberport.net/~milnerwm/dachsieFAQ.html
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Thanks Critters ! Must be your email. A Kathy has sent me an email and said they might have a bed by the end of the week. I am awaiting her response if they have a medium-sized one.

Pmilner, it was a very very useful post. Thank you so much. I have forwarded it to the volunteers who will be visiting the dog shelter. The "bumpad" looks fantastic !! I'm impressed ! I could not believe my eyes when I saw the vdo, the cute daschund could actually join the Grand Prix :D
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Mr. Durian has got a cart ! See the pic attached. It's 2nd hand but at least his wound is slowly recovering.

In the meantime, I hope that Kathy of Handicapped pets would order the bed for me via email (she said there are some for shipment on Thur and I need to place order immediately). I tried to complete their form on-line but the page continues to show that the bed is temp. unavailable. The time difference makes direct communication a bit difficult.

Oh, and there is a couple who is willing to take Durian home, subject to his blood test result showing that he doesn't have any other disease (the couple has another dog and cat and want to make sure no disease would pass on to them, fair enough)

Fingers crossed.
Attachments
Durian in cart.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

The cart looks like a really nice fit! I sent your message to Mark, so, hopefully, you'll hear something.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Critters, you are wonderful ! Thank you.

Kathy was trying to process my order yesterday but somehow she said the credit card I gave her is not valid. I've just given her another credit card info and hope that I can meet the Thursday shipment.