Lizard wheelchair

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
lilypoo

Not a cat or a dog but a lizard brace

Post by lilypoo »

I tried to make a brace(it holds on with velcro) for my lily the lizard because he was paralized from the middle of the back to his tail,and this is what I came up with (see picture). :)
Attachments
I finaly got help to reduce the size , you just make it hold with a velcro strap. And There you go..
I finaly got help to reduce the size , you just make it hold with a velcro strap. And There you go..
Last edited by lilypoo on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I don't see the pic. Can you try again, in case it's not just me? It sounds most interesting!!

PS-- :gang:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Ah, there it is! Can you show it on him, too? What a creative idea! Is the "table" part a finger splint?
lilypoo

Post by lilypoo »

critters wrote:Ah, there it is! Can you show it on him, too? What a creative idea! Is the "table" part a finger splint?
Yes How could you guess? And the bottom part is a little car I cut up just for the wheels.
I wish I could show you it on him, but he passed away....From an illness, he was going to be 6 years ols the 1st of Jan. 2008.
I"ll try to put him on the memories site,but I must get permission first because he is not a animal. But it would give you an Idea how it could go on. Thank you for paying attention, my primary thought was for small creatures that are handicapped or paralized. And there was no other site that had small creatures with braces.
Dianne

Lilypoo

Post by Dianne »

I"ll try to put him on the memories site,but I must get permission first because he is not a animal.
Lizards are animals. When did he die?

Dianne
lilypoo

Re: Lilypoo

Post by lilypoo »

Dianne wrote:
I"ll try to put him on the memories site,but I must get permission first because he is not a animal.

Dianne
3rd of Dec. 2007 : :cry:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:
Dianne

Lilypoo

Post by Dianne »

We are very sorry that you lost him.

A lizard can be as beloved as a cat or dog. Please post your remembrance on the Rainbow Bridge forum. You don't need any extra permission to post a memory for Lilypoo.

Dianne
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

you can attach an image file onto your post

Post by Bendy Kitty »

use the 'upload file' option below the message box when you make a post.

I have a lot of lizards here, it is very creative and neat that you made a little wheelchair for your scaled friend. That is certainly not something we have seen before! We have one lizard who is missing a leg, but she doesn't even notice. What kind of lizard was Liilypoo?

hoping he has found a nice sunny rock at the bridge :)

Bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
lilypoo

Re: you can attach an image file onto your post

Post by lilypoo »

Bendy Kitty wrote:use the 'upload file' option below the message box when you make a post.

I have a lot of lizards here, it is very creative and neat that you made a little wheelchair for your scaled friend. That is certainly not something we have seen before! We have one lizard who is missing a leg, but she doesn't even notice. What kind of lizard was Liilypoo?

hoping he has found a nice sunny rock at the bridge :)

Bendy
He died 3 dec 2007 he would have been 6 years old.He was an Uromastyx maliensis
lilypoo

Re: Lilypoo

Post by lilypoo »

Dianne wrote:

Dianne
He died 3 dec 2007,he was an Uromastyx maliensis.He would have been 6 years old on the 1st of jan 2008.