Heavy duty rear harness from an auto tow strap

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Heavy duty rear harness from an auto tow strap

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

Kat

Newly injured large dog

Post by Kat »

We have a Rott/Shepherd 8 days post spinal embolism. He is in similar circumstance, except he will weight bear in the front. handicappedpets.com has front & rear lift harness. We tried transporting on a piece of playwood, no good, he wanted to jump off. He did not like the support the vet suggested, but I made a rear support lift harness from an auto tow strap. I knew it would be strong enough. I made padded fleece sleeves for the straps that go under his legs. there is a loop for each back leg that criss-crosses over his back and forms a lift handle. We are able to keep him more centered / balanced now. We only have 3 steps from porch to ground, and it is a struggle, so a flight must be an incredible challenge. Lots of good folks here will have experience based suggestions for you. Lots of good support from the people here. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. Kat