Electrical conduit leg protectors

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Electrical conduit leg protectors

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

Tracy Smith

Re: Story: My Little "Broke Dog" Lindsey

Post by Tracy Smith »

Hi Margaret, I have a 5 year old German Shepherd named Kaeley. She had a stroke of her spine about a year and a half ago. Like you, we have to help her urinate and defecate. She is about 70 pounds and we have a cart for her. At first she just went backwards, trying to get away from the cart. Now she is unstoppable. She waffles her brothers and can maneuver like a pro. She recently began to chew on her back legs which dont work. So far we have only lost a toe, but even tho she doesnt chew on her feet when we are around, she will dive in the minute we leave her alone. I improvised with a trip to home depot and made up two "Braces" made of electrical conduit which I slip over her back legs and tape them to her legs. I got the pipes that are angled at 45* and they fit perfectly. One thing I have done is put her on an all natural diet. Now my sunday afternoons are filled with making dog food. (MY HOW WE LOVE OUR BABIES). She has a great spirit, and as long as she tries, so will I. Let me know if there is anything that you have questions about, maybe I have been there too. My best to you and Lindsey