PVC potty chair holds dog for expressing, keeps feet dry

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

PVC potty chair holds dog for expressing, keeps feet dry

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

teddybear

re potty trane n

Post by teddybear »

hey all Teddy is doing good has got alot of his feeling back in his leg's he can stand mostly on one leg but they seem to be weak but getting better . when we let him out side we take off his wrap and he will pee allover on his own but we still use the wraps in the house because it dose not take much excitment and he will pee ( COCKER THING) he will not have a B M in his cart so I HELP HIM IN HIS POTTY CHAIR that I built but when I DO NOT CATCH HIM HE WILL STAND UP AND TRY TO RUN POOPING AS HE GO'S so I belive he knows what is going on so how do we get him house broke all over again and what can we do to get his legs stronger I have lowered his cart some may go a littel more thank's for any help
Attachments
1231091349b.jpg
teddybear

Re: re potty trane n

Post by teddybear »

ok this is a sneak peek the first one I built as you can see just after crate rest it is hands free note the splash shield . I HAVE MADE MANY ADJUSTMENTS it work's well just set him down and he will do the rest or you can help . with a tray it works inside also I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE AND SELL if it would help others seems everyone is trying to hold there dog's up and that is just to hard to help them RIGHT you need both hands free we use it for hair cuts and bath time this will save your back a lot thank's so what do you think good or bad we use it al day every day
Attachments
0411091434.jpg
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Wow! It is like a front support and it allows the dog a squatting position. The trick is to give the right support so they do not strain their back. If you put the dog in the potty chair and express him, you are supporting him with your hands and there is nothing in the way when you are squeezing. It would be good for expressing an older dog that is not strong in the front legs. It would be good for somebody who does not have a wheelchair to hold their dog up. It might be great for a dog with a balance problem. Everyone should check with the vet whether it's right for their dog. I see what you mean about the splash guard, that's brilliant! :)

:thankyou:

P.S. My dog used to poop while he was walking, like a horse. He did that for years. :)

P.P.S. I know what you mean about brushing. My dog could not stand up for very long. I had to hold him up with the chest harness to keep his front end standing up while I brushed his rear or trimmed his fur. Later I used a drop line clipped to his chest harness to keep his front end up. I can see a chair like this would help there. I think with a big dog you would have to be careful and hold onto him so if he tries to sit he does not pull the chair over backward since it is lightweight. This is an interesting idea. I bookmarked it to save it. Thank you. :)
teddybear

Post by teddybear »

HEY THANK'S FOR ALL COMENT'S I have made this adjustable to make it more up right to help with back pressure . The boy can use his legs some so that helps with support . (The hands free thing rules) you can use this way faster than a cart with out any thing in the way you all know at night or morning just drop them in and take care of bizz I found the easyer I made his care the more help I GET AT MY HOUSE / sounds like summer time we will be outside training our cockers -my boy loves to mark his spots all over the yard got yellow snow now ha ! but he will not poop walk in his cart I THINK HE NEEDS MORE FREEDOM / keep the thoughts coming I love to build any thing to help us all THANK'S