Make a dog diaper from boy's underwear

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Make a dog diaper from boy's underwear

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

Source FCE.
SandyNY

for the incontinence

Post by SandyNY »

what you do is purchase either doggie diapers or boys underwear ( tail thru the fly). Dogs have no hips, so measure his waist and go to the smaller size. Use woman sanitary pads or incontinence pads that are for humans ( even in the doggie diapers these will work better than the pads they sell to go with the doggie diapers). I would also consider getting "chucks" which are available at the hospital supply store, possibly the drug store also. They are plastic sheet with cotton on one side - exactly like "puppy pads" you see in the pet store - same thing. I would consider getting some of these and putting them down inside so your pup can be inside with you. If he was normally inside and now he is in the garage, his spirits are going to have a big effect on his progress. If he is down in the dumps and/or feeling sorry for himself, he is not going to have the determination he needs to get better. I have also seen it recommended to use a mat that you get to put under desk chairs. they are hard, which may be rough on the skin but the spirits I think are more important and it is a trade off. One more thing about the incontinence, I would consider shaving or cutting down the hair in the backend area if you haven't already to make it easier on yourself and also to keep him cleaner. I have a friend whose one dog is in "pants" all the time. She has found that they need to have three in order for it to work. She does laundry each night when she gets home from work. One is soiled in the morning, and they put on a fresh one. That one is soiled when they get home from work, so they put on a fresh one and the other two are in the wash. Hope this helps!