Pantyhose prevent chafing for cart dog

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Pantyhose prevent chafing for cart dog

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

sarah r

saddle causing blisters

Post by sarah r »

Hi,
We've had our Walkin' Wheels cart for some time now. More recently I've notice that my aussie Kit is getting blisters and chaffing from the saddle. My solution to this blister problem has been to fashion a "suit" out of a pair of ladies panty hose. I cut about 6 inches off the end of the hose. Then cut a slit in the ventral side for his genitals and one at the dorsal side so he can poop. I have two additional holes on either side of the panty (at his hip) and have used the cut portions of the panty hose (looped through the holes on the side) to create a little suspender that I slide over the two front ends of the side bars to hold the pantyhose up so that they don't slip. This seems to alleviate the chaffing problem that he gets from the saddle. Its a bit more hassle putting on his little suit, but seems to help. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and would love to hear your solutions. Also wondering if this can be prevented by other adjustments.
Sarah
Christine

Re: saddle causing blisters

Post by Christine »

Hi Sarah...and Welcome! Would you care to share a picture of your "suit"? This will help others and I am sure you will get some other tips too. You do realize, also, that I just asked in a sneaky way for a picture of your dog :mrgreen:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
sarah r

Post by sarah r »

Hi Christine,
I'll post a picture of Kit in his "suit" as soon as possible!
Sarah
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Hi Sarah,
I haven't heard of the leg rings causing blisters or chaffing but if the panyhose seems to solve the problem, I sure would like a picture of this to help others.
:thankyou:
sarah r

Post by sarah r »

Hi Christine, I'm sorry, but the walkin' wheels website says my attachment is too large and will not allow me to add the photo. Perhaps you could help me with that? I have added the info. where you could see them on Flickr.
Thanks,
Sarah
[url]http://www.flickr/com/photos/greenmoong ... wheels[url]
FYI

Post by FYI »

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Christine

Post by Christine »

FYI's got ya covered....wow, that is ingenious!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
sarah r

Post by sarah r »

Hi there! Thanks Christine...don't know what FYI is, but I do see the pictures so I guess its all good. If anyone has any questions about how these work, please feel free to contact me: nessanewf@yahoo.com. This has been a success by the way in that the blisters/chaffing has all but been eliminated! Now we need to rig up the cart for snow travel!! Blessings.
Christine

Post by Christine »

FYI (For your Information) is kind of our fairy god (dog) person who pops in and helps and then flies away until the next time.

Just think, you came here asking for help and you ended up providing the help for many people! Ever thought about manufacturing doggie panty hose???
?/1999 - 10/25/08
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for posting Kit in the pantyhose suite. Love the idea but it must talk a long time to put on. I'll bet it will also help with joint issues. :) Nancy
sarah r

Post by sarah r »

Hi Nancy and Christine
I can get the suit on in about a minute, but his little rough paws and nails do a number on the nylon :D I hope others will find this a useful tip Christine...and thanks to that FYI fairy and you for your help!
Blessings