Homemade flannel pee pads

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Homemade flannel pee pads

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

Jane Scott

Post by Jane Scott »

Hi! Sounds like a very workable solution. I think you should consider making several so that you are not constantly doing laundry. Just had a thought, about the velcro, (I know that it can be expensive and when you are on a tight budget can really put a dent in it) how about purchasing two sets of shoe laces (small ones) that can be sewn on both sides of the end pieces and then the wrap can be tied on. Harley had a male wrap (purchased from PetSmart) but instead of buying the really expensive pads to put in it, I found that buying human pads for women's menstrual periods "heavy, no wings" worked great, I would put two of them in side by side.
When I was making pee pads for Harley I was able to purchase alot of my "supplies" from the local Good Will store. Old flannel sheets work great, even better are the flannel pillowcases because they are almost ready made. I took old towels again from Good Will that were really inexpensive, like 50 cents each to layer in the pillowcases which I then sewed all together, so that the layers all stayed in one place. They launder up really well, although they take a while to dry.
Good luck. Jane
Harley the "Monkey-boy"