Handmade rear harness for 115 lb Bernese Mountain Dog

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
CarolC

Re: Accupuncture adverse effect?

Post by CarolC »

Chickenlegs wrote:The sling I use for her hind quarters came from the Neurologic Clinic. One of techs makes them. She uses PVC pipe as the handle and threads wide nylon loops with those plastic clips to adjust. Polarfleece sleeves are used for cushioning. Can be easily washed and dried. I could take a pic and email if you like.
Hi Mari,

I would more than like it, I would love it! Is there any way you can post the pics here? Having a picture like that would be a super help to others who need to make a homemade walking harness for an extra large dog!

What you do is save the picture on your computer, like under My Pictures for example, then hit the button that says Browse on the compose screen here. It will attach a pic if it's not too big.

Thanks!
Chickenlegs

Picture of Bessie's sling

Post by Chickenlegs »

Hi
I apologize for not getting this to you sooner.
If anyone would like closeups or other views, please let me know. The straps are adjustable and click on and off so you don't need to lift legs into loops.
The visit to the neurologist was useless. No insights on his part. Wanted to do another "study" to see what was going on. I would rather wean her off the steroids (been on various dosage regimes since late June) and let her regroup and see what she can do. She has sensory and reflexes, which encourage me to believe she will walk again. I have a call into Tufts(they just called as I was typing that!!) and we are going there after she is off steroids in early October.
If the picture doesn't attach to this, could someone go thru the steps again?
Thanks,
Mari
Attachments
sling.jpg