Homemade pill pockets

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
FYI

Homemade pill pockets

Post by FYI »

Jean

Re: Homemade pill pockets

Post by Jean »

Thank you this is going to save me a fortune. I go through these so quickly!!!
So many people have peanut allergies.
Do to that I have been a little hesitant to give peanut butter biscuits, etc.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Hmm. Let us know if anybody tries it. We have the dog ones auto-shipped from Amazon at a discount. The dog ones are SO much bigger (for the same price) that I can usually use 1/4 or 1/2 of one, yet I can use a whole one for lots of pills. Pill Pockets made SUCH a difference in Georgie's life!!
Jean

Post by Jean »

I get mine through KV vet and get a good discount as well but with the meds my bunch take I spend a lot each month on pill pockets. I have even been using a cheaper alternative called Flavor Doh. It is in a container similar to what you purchase Play Doh in. I will give this a try. If it works it will be well worth the time.
Does anyone know anything about peanut allergies in pets? Is it as prevalent as in humans?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Never heard of peanut allergies in critters.
Jean

Post by Jean »

I made up a huge batch of this using water in place of milk, whole wheat flour and crunch peanut butter. I am keeping it in the refrigerator. I love the consistency. The flour keeps it from being sticky. The dogs love it. It is going to save me a fortune with all that I have to medicate. Thanks Lee.