Homemade aluminum wheelchair for cocker spaniel

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Homemade aluminum wheelchair for cocker spaniel

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

teddybear

new guy with good news

Post by teddybear »

hi folk's I have been lookin her for a few month's I have a brown cocker that Blew out a disk he was down for 36 hour before he got surgery no deep pain going in or out that was 6 month's ago. :lol: TODAY he had a check up and his DEEP PAIN IN BOTH FEET CAME BACK IT TOOK 6 MONTH 'S OF WORK & LOVE soo keep working so far all of his care was done at home I AM a metal worker and have built him a cart ($35) BUCK'S AND HE LOVES IT THANK'S FOR ALL THE HELP FROM THIS SITE ERIC
0216091543b.jpg
Dianne

Re: new guy with good news

Post by Dianne »

:chicken: :chick: :banana: :elephant: :wow: :party: :cheer:

Great News Eric, and cute pups too! Thanks for posting the good news.

Would you kindly post a pic of your homemade metal wheelchair? Thanks in advance.

Dianne
teddybear

Post by teddybear »

0928091709a.jpg
teddybear

Post by teddybear »

0928091709.jpg
teddybear

Post by teddybear »

its all alluimnum padding and all from the farm store getting the height from floor is the hard part use light wheels good luck I HAVE A FEW THINGS BUILT TO HELP WITH CARE & I'AM TOLD TO GET A PATENT before we show the world but I use them all day myself
0928091716.jpg
[attachment=0]092809
Last edited by teddybear on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Great design. Thanks for posting.

Does she have movement in her rear feet? I see that your design allows her feet to touch the floor. Do her feet drag on the floor when she moves. I've seen other designs that have stirrups that lift the feet off the floor if they are completely paralyzed/immobile.

We built a PVC wheelchair and used a pool noodle for padding in the saddle.
teddybear

new guy with good news

Post by teddybear »

thank's it's a boy he had no movement when I built it so I put his feet up on the back lower bar but I MADE SURE THE FEET WOULD TOUCH THE GROWND in the grass only or in the house he now will push and go with his back leg's but only just for the last 2 weeks or so the rings for the legs move up and down so he can stand up. Just a old belt screwed to it for around the chest and he will jump off my porch and clear 2 steps running for ice cream :lol: but you may need to tie legs up sometimes THAT'S HIS BROTHER THE BLACK ONE AJ he help's :thankyou: