DIY soft braces for RH kitten with bent front legs

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

hello lil bendy legged kitten!

Post by Bendy Kitty »

runnin over an touchin noses with the kitten.
yep, a vet told my mom to put me down, too, but she didn't listen. she found a different vet instead. that vet looked at me and said "hm, well, let's see what we can do for him" She wrapped my lil legs in guaze and vetwrap and suddenly I could walk!!!!!!! I was thrilled! I have had many other problems due to my "mutant kitty genetics" as mom calls it, but my lil legs are fine! Let's get that kitten in some soft braces an get her zooming around!

okie kitten....
*plunkin the kitten down*
first we put a lil strip of first aid tape on each leg with a loose part hanging over your toes.
now, stop chewin on that.
okie, now we get get your legs/feet as close as possible to how they should be and wrap them in nice soft gauze.
kitten, please stop chewing on the guaze.
okie, take that loose tab of tape that is sticking out and tape it to the outside of the guaze wrap (you'll have to make a twist in it). this helps teh guaze not slip, it is called a stirrup.
now, get some vetwrap and wrap around the guaze, but do not pull it as you wrap, that will make it too tight.
the last part now. Pull off a piece of first aide tape long enough to go from teh top of one brace, over the shoulders, to the other brace, plus a little extra. Cut another piece just a little bit shorter than that one. got it?
hey, give me that back adn please stop eating the tape.
stick teh shorter piece glue side to the glue side of the long piece - so that you now have a long strap with a loose sticky tab on each end.
attach one end to teh top of one brace, and then the same on the otehr side. Secure it by useing another piece of tape to go around the leg.
This can also be used as a handle to catch you when you go zooming off.

If you look at the picts on my page, ther are some of mom changing my braces, that might help if the above directions did not.

OK, I think you look great, now eat lots of shrimpies and lets go zooming together!

Bendy Kitty
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
♥ DIY ♥

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »