Kitten diaper from a baby mitten

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Kitten diaper from a baby mitten

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

LisainCAN

HELP - Nerve Damage in Kitten

Post by LisainCAN »

CatHerder wrote:I have no idea how to make a diaper for such a tiny little thing that will stay on him when he drags himself around, and he's still drinking his "glop" as I've yet to be able to figure out how to get him to take himself to the water bowl (it's a very low profile double dish with kitten chow alongside the water).
This may sound odd but when my little tailless wonder Harry was a tiny little kitten, no diaper with ties would stay on him, so what I used as a diaper was a baby "mitten" that you can find in the dollar stores, the type a baby wears so that they do not scratch themselves. I cut holes for his legs (you would have to account for a tail) and lined the diaper with a female, stick-on sanitary napkin. The only way to make the whole thing work for my little Harry Houdini was to use vet wrap and "tape" the diaper to his midsection. I was very careful not to squeeze. Vet wrap worked well because it does not pull skin or fur. As he grew larger it was easier to keep other types of diapers on him. Of course, plenty of no-diaper time is very important.

You seem to be doing a wonderful job. Don't beat yourself up over the fact that Silver is hurt. We all make mistakes and you are being incredibly responsible and loving towards this little cat when many others would have just walked away.