PVC wheelchair for mini-dachshund

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

PVC wheelchair for mini-dachshund

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

doxiemomma87

Hello I'm new here.(A few Pics too)

Post by doxiemomma87 »

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I am the proud momma of two mini dachshunds. My youngest is 8 months old, and he is a disabled double dapple dachshund.

He was born with a twisted spine and lately he has been in a lot of pain. I am having a pretty hard time with this. I love him so much and there is nothing that I can do for his pain, that is what kills me.

His pain has just recently gotten really bad. Before I could manage it with water therapy,massage, his heating pad, and reiki treatments (my mom is a certified Reiki Master). But now I have had to start him on doggy pain killers (I hate having to give him such harsh meds). He needs to see a neurologist and I posted in the financial section for donations. But I am having a harder time with this then I thought I would. I am so emotionally attatched to this dog, that he is like a baby. I even feed him home cooked meals and deal with people thinking I over do it when it comes to my two dogs :roll: I just tell them that I am the crazy wiener dog lady though :cuckoo:

I don't know what to do. I ask for donations and people call me a horrible person for "begging" for money and accuse me of not loving my dog because I am not rich, and that plus dealing with the heartstrain from thinking about how I cant magically take his pain away is killing me inside. :cry:

My vet says he is too happy to be put down right now. Yes he does have pain, but he has such good quality of life. He is still very very rambunctious and loves to play. Its just at night after a day of playing and walking he starts to hurt.

I don't even know what I am looking for by posting this. Maybe some pain management help if anyone has anything?

Sorry for comming unglued here, I have been trying to be tuff but im finally breaking down. I dont want to cry and break down in front of my mom because she loves him so much too and I dont want to upset her ya know. Oh by the way I am 21 years old and we visit my mom almost every day, and she is very attatched to both of my doxies...She calls them her grandsons lol. "Arent we just a crazy bunch O' nuts in this family" Lol.
Attachments
Heres my little guy in his cart.
Heres my little guy in his cart.
Mommas boy
Mommas boy
Sleepy head. This was one of his bad days, he was hurting pretty bad so I was really glad when he finally fell asleep.
Sleepy head. This was one of his bad days, he was hurting pretty bad so I was really glad when he finally fell asleep.