Diamond diaper suspenders

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Diamond diaper suspenders

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

patsy

Ideas for injured cat?

Post by patsy »

hi, i hope i've added a drawing of some suspenders that i made for my dog. suspender clips are available at fabric stores. the straps are made with 3/4" elastic. they could be wider, or thinner, if you desire. estimate lengths, tack or safety-pin together 'til you find what works best. my dog is not able to stand or walk, so i have found other suspenders useless. one end attaches at the back (just to the side of the spine), and the other at the front (belly button). the head goes through the diamond in the middle. i was not able to attach this to the diaper-it tore-i put a pair of baby's panties that i got for $1 at a thrift strore on over the diaper. you may or may not choose to cut a slit for the tail. don't really need to bother with a circle, slit works (VERY long buttonhole, if you sew). see also incontinence products on this site, or the one on e-bay referenced on this site look pretty good. i've also used sweatshirt and t-shirt sleeves (the cuff end goes around the kid's neck) w/holes cut for legs, and hook-and-loop closures on the end. for larger pets, use sweatpants, or flannel or cotton pj pants. i just dare a dog to try to get out of a sleeve or pants leg! my other dogs wear them in the winter, without the velcro, the end cut at an angle to facilitate urination, as sweatshirts, and never even try to get them off. they love them, and they're cheap! get them at the thrift store.
Attachments
suspenders 70x183.jpg