PVC quad cart for paraplegic Min Pin puppy

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

PVC quad cart for paraplegic Min Pin puppy

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

moni_tx

Paraplegic puppy

Post by moni_tx »

Hi, thank you all for your support. Mimi is doing great, she can walk a few steps, then she falls, then she gets up again, etc...my husband built her a wheelchair with pvc tubing and I sawed a child's t-shirt in the frame, so now I put her in the t-shirt and she can get around in the kitchen (tile flooring). I also bought her a front carrier, as she has put on weight, my arm was hurting from carrying her around so much. I took her to the doggy chiropractor, but was not impressed, he only spent 5 minutes adjusting her cervical area, so we will not go again. She is still on prednisone. It's a lot of work to take care of her and her brother Jack, but they are my babies! :angel:
moni_tx

Re: Paraplegic puppy

Post by moni_tx »

Those puppy purses are too cute! Mimi is doing great, most of her reflexes are back, and she can now pee standing up most times. I'll try to attach a picture of her in her wheelchair. Sorry it takes me so long to reply,life is hectic.
Attachments
IMG_0697.JPG
SandyNY

Post by SandyNY »

wow! All sounds amazing there! Tell your husband we are very impressed - and with your part, also, of course in the making of the chair. What does Jake think of it?? I think she is going to be a wonderful success story - a mini victory to give encouragement to others who find themselves in such a suddenly awful situation. She will be the exa :trophy: mple of the best of possibilities! :bounce: :trophy:
moni_tx

Post by moni_tx »

Thank you! At first Mimi didn't know what to make of it, but after a while she got used to it and she walks at high speed on it, until she gets stuck somewhere. I mainly use it when she eats. The vet is amazed at her improvement. I hope her story gives hope to others.