Homemade aluminum wheelchair for Maltese mix

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
fourpawssake7

QUEENS, NY DISABLED PUP LEFT BEHIND/PERMANENT HOME NEEDED

Post by fourpawssake7 »

Meet "Benny" ---- Benny was surrendered by his owners to the Manhattan AC&C along with his homemade wheel cart. -
Benny is thought to be a Maltese Mix, 4 years old, and weighs about 16lbs (??)

I had him examined by my vet, he may have been stepped on, or run over by a car. Benny also has nerve damage, there are 2-3 discs blown midway down his back, hence nerve damage, so he releases without even realizing- Benny has no control over his bowls. He does try to use his hinds, when out for a walk, I see him trying to kick. He has no other health issues or existing medical conditions other then his paralysis and incontinence.

Right now he has diaper rash, his rectom is inflamed and enlarged and he is currently being treated with a topical spray, which is applied 2x a day - he was neutered at the C - and he has all his shots. Putting a diaper on him just yet is not an option his butt needs to dry out and heal (my vet shaved him down back there he was a mess) - we are also desperate for a properly fitting wheel cart as the one his family surrendered him with is not adequate and not providing the proper support.

Benny has NO aggression at all-not a mean bone in him - I can touch his food, I can take anything from him. I can handle him and touch any part of him without any problem. I look at him, and his behaviour is that of a puppy still, always so eager and happy. He gives me belly and lots of sloppy wet kisses! Benny is great with other dogs, cats, women, men and children. Benny is looking for permanent placement with experienced folks only!

Benny is currently in foster care with me in Queens, NY - shelter workers tell us Benny also understands Spanish very well.

email us at FourPawsSake7@aol.com
Attachments
benny.jpg