Bud's homemade dog cart

Share creative ideas for building, sewing, adapting, or crafting things by hand for special needs pets. Find ideas for your homemade project here!
♥ DIY ♥

Bud's homemade dog cart

Post by ♥ DIY ♥ »

http://handicappedpets.com/thegallery112002.htm wrote: This is Bud.
Bud is a 1 year old PitBull. At 2 weeks, he fell from the balcony of a 2 story apartment. I don't yet have the x-rays or diagnosis, but am working on that. He drags himself around and he has been since he fell. The lady we got him from did not know how to deal with him and had decided to have him put down. We found this out the day before it was going to happen. We had her bring him to us instead. We have built a cart for him and he took his first steps with it and loved it. We are in the process of perfecting the cart and we are almost there. Since he has been on his cart, he seems to be walking better and has a little more control. He can walk sometimes unaided, but momentum gets the best of him and his back end swings around. When that happens, he just drags himself to where he is going. He has bald spots on his legs and back from dragging.
I have a big dog and Bud just loves her. He loves everyone! I don't think he got very much attention because he is pretty rambunctious. Besides that fact, he doesn't have good control over his body, so he is sometimes like a bull in a china closet. He could use some obedience classes to calm him down, but he is already better than he was when he first came to us. Bud will win your heart because he has a powerful will to live. He loves life.
Cheryl & Kathleen