smells like RUBBER!!!

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
racegirlrandi

smells like RUBBER!!!

Post by racegirlrandi »

HI
Im randi and my OWNER and best friend "Sobriety"s Angel" has a unique,to say the least, odor to her urine. She has recently become, and this is my second question as to what to "LABEL" her ilness as paralyzed or not. But well get to that later. My Phat girl momma dog(Sobrietys nick name) has a very no VERY strong smell of rubber to her urine I mean to tell you it fills the whole room!!!! Ive asked my vet but because of the other problems and the urgency of them at the time he pretty much wasnt too worried WELL IAM what the heck is that smell? She has 2 calcified disks in he neck and due to a trauma they began to swell which has put pressure on her spinal cord, she has donew remarkably well and only goes forward but this smell is hideous! HElp. [/b][/i]
the QUEEN
critters
Founding Member

Re: smells like RUBBER!!!

Post by critters »

I'd have the vet do a cystocentesis and culture the pee that results. She may have a weird kind of UTI, and I'd also have the regular tests done in case she has a kidney problem. Another possibiliity may be a metabolic disorder. Regardless, I wouldn't let it wait too long.
Pam (Riley's mom)

Re: smells like RUBBER!!!

Post by Pam (Riley's mom) »

Riley has had that smell and was found (after very close inspection by his vet) to have crystals beginning to form. If you catch them early you will save yourself much worry and $$.