My new rescue cat.

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
bbaugh

My new rescue cat.

Post by bbaugh »

Hello,
I know this forum is for handicapped pets is it okay to get advice about cats that are not handicapped? If so I just recently required a stray cat I am unable to take the cat into the vet until next week. I am afraid I might give something to my indoor cat and not sure if the new cat has any diseases. I am wondering if I wash up really good will that be enough not to spread it to my indoor cat? Please any thing would help. My indoor cat is not vaccinated that is my concern.

I am also trying to find if it belongs to someone or a new home for it. Here is a picture of a very sweet kitty. I named it spark-Plug. I am not sure if it is male or female.
Attachments
IMG_0659.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Re: My new rescue cat.

Post by critters »

The disease most likely to be carried by a newbie is a cold, which isn't usually a big deal to healthy adult cats. Spark Plug's eyes and nose look good anyway, so I don't see any signs of a cold. Congrats on your newbie! :trophy:
bbaugh

Post by bbaugh »

Thanks Critters,
Just incase you are interested I will tell you Spark-plugs story. My mom feeds the birds. We had been noticing her for about a week We thoght she belonged to someone. Then I watched her for awhile and noticed she was eating the bird seed. My dad being arealy caring person gave her some cat food. (He hates to see anything suffer.

So we fed her for a few days. I thought I would see if she was use to people. So I brought her some food and talked to her for about ten minutes she hissed and decided she would walk over to me I reached out and gave her the food.

Next day I did the samething she let me touch her and adventualy let me pick her up. There was another cat out there a big tomcat, So my dad and I decided to bring her into the garage so she would be protected. We locked her in there she did not like it one bit that is why she got in the engine of the car.

She came back that night because she was starving to death. It was raing so bad I put her food under the over hang on the house but realized we both were getting wet. So I picked the food up and she adventualy came into the garage and I have been leaving the back door cracked alittle now she comes and goes when she wants. Sorry for runnig on and on anyway that is her story.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Awww...she's beautiful and she's yours!! Sounds like the apple did not fall far from the tree in your family. Good luck with Spark Plug!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

If your cat is an indoor cat and not exposed to feline leukemia, don't expose her to a new cat that is a stray. Keep the new cat isolated until you can get a test to make sure she is clear of feline leukemia virus.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
bbaugh

Post by bbaugh »

Thanks everyone, the new cat is outdoors. The indoor cat is indoors all the time. I would like to find a home for spark- plug so she could live indoors because I worry about when winter comes it will be real hard on her. I love her already I live with my parents they said we can keep her as long as she needs us.
She would make a wonderful pet for someone. I really wish I could keep her. The other night she jumped all the way up on my dads sholder and sat there he said it was funny. Why do cats like to sit on your sholder like a parrot? Anyways thanks again.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I agree with Christine that the apple didn't fall far from the tree! :D

Not many cats, in my experience, do the parrot thing. I think it comes from a cat's preference to be up; sitting on your shoulder is not only up but is sitting on you!
bbaugh

Post by bbaugh »

I just wanted to thank everyone for giving me support of the years. Thank You , Thank You, Thank You