Getting my rescus cat fixed

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
bbaugh

Getting my rescus cat fixed

Post by bbaugh »

Hi some of you might know my story about Spark-Plug, I am affraid if I take her to the vet she won't forgive me. I have gotten so attached to her if I never see her again it will break my heart.

I know getting her fixed is in her best intrest and I going to get her to the vet as as posible. My parents want me to wait to see if we can't find her owner.

I feel like I am betraying her one moment I try to build up her trust the next minute I am taking her to get her fixed. Have anyone have the same experience? You see she is a stray and very hungry so I took her in. And whoever said the apple didn't fall far from the apple tree is right. Lol.
janew

Re: Getting my rescus cat fixed

Post by janew »

Hi,
I can understand your fear she'll be upset with you for 'fixing ' her, because she won't understand it is in her best interest but it is the responsible thing for Spark Plug and unfortunatily there are far too many kitties being put to sleep because there just are not enough people adopting now, and population control will stop that horror. Maybe you could keep Spark Plug in your bedroom, shut off, from your older kitty, while she recovers. Unless Spark Plug has respiratory issues that 'no contact' would be safe for your resident older kitty (make sure no paws under the closed door to bite). You could then have ample time to further bond with Spark Plug & she could get any upset with you there to make sure all is well & 'forgives' you..which would be a very short time, if any at all.
Spark Plug has found a very great spot, with your family and you.
jane
bbaugh

Post by bbaugh »

Thanks Jane. I am very sad because her owner called today and said she lost her a month ago. She got scared and got a way from her she had a collar for which she backed out of. Her owner is coming to pick her up later today. :cry:
janew

Post by janew »

Hi again,
If Spark Plug is her kitty, how wonderful that her owner can reclaim her. Her ower must of have been crazy over her loss. Imagine if your kitty got out how desperate you would be. You are a hero to have kept Spark Plug safe for her. I hope another rescue kitty comes to your very loving, responsible home. I am sorry you are 'losing' a special girl but you have the comfort of easing Spark Plug's mama's anguish over her disappearance & maybe you can visit. I see another really needy kitty in your future...that you will be able to rescue & keep forever.I know it won't be Spark Plug...but maybe even a deeper connection.
jane
bbaugh

Post by bbaugh »

The owner of the cat was worried sick about the cat. The Cat was very content When she came. Hogi is her real name. Thanks jane for the kind words. I am glad this story has a happy ending. The lady said I could come and visit sometime. She lives a few blocks away. Thanks again