Negative people

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
my4turtles

Negative people

Post by my4turtles »

Do you have any advice for negative people, I have had people flat out say. I would never pay that much on “just” a dog.. That angers me as those same people say that there dogs are like family but yet when it comes down to it they would rather just put there dog to sleep than paying for a surgery that could help there dog walk again. I wouldn’t do anything different for my own dog that I wouldn’t do for my own children. I know there is times that you just cant do it, but I would try ever means possible and give them the best life I could.
CarolC

Re: Negative people

Post by CarolC »

I agree with you, I will always try to do everything I can for as long as I am able. It's true a lot of times people can't afford a big veterinary bill, and that makes it more difficult, but if you can find a way to afford it, nobody should try to tell you how to spend your money! :roll: If they don't agree, at least they could be polite and keep it to themselves. I do think some of them will "come around" later when they see the dog is happy and your family is happy, and they may change their opinion then.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

mom often looks at such people and says things like
I'd never spend that much on a car, it isn't even alive
or
Did I ask you to?
or
I'd never send that much on computer games or gagets

people who know mom don't ask such questions anymore....
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
my4turtles

Post by my4turtles »

Thats some good responses haha
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

How about

"Then I'm glad I'm not your dog."

OR if you feel in an educational mood,

"I believe that once I take responsibility for another living being I need to treat that responsibility seriously and take care of it."
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
Ronald

Negative people .

Post by Ronald »

If you are talented and hard worker and you are a really impressive person but you are negative too then trust me man you cant move towards your destiny.If you will be able to reach at your goals then one thing will still remain vacant for you and that would be the happiness in your life.So be positive if you want to be a tycoon type of person.
viktor

Post by viktor »

I agree with you. If you have dogs, you should care about them and do all you can for their living and good health. They are a part of us. We should remember that.
wondergeorge

Post by wondergeorge »

I get this all the time. I have a cat with very early stage renal issues, one with chronic urinary issues, and a kitten I just adopted who is fecal incontinent. People are constantly making comments about how much I must spend on them and how they don't think it's worth it. Someone actually told me once to just put one of them down and start over...like they are disposable. I agree that once you take in an animal it is your responsibility to do everything you can to care for them. And what about kids? People spend a lot of money on their children. They have kids, I have special needs cats.

Btw, I'm a newbie here and am so glad to have found this site!
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

WELCOME!!!!!!
glad you found us :)
yes, we hav to deal with stupid comments all the time, very frustrating. we're not very tolerant of people tellin us what to do in general. Often we point out how happy our handipets are and how much we learn from them.
sometimes we just tell ppl to p*ss off.

headbonks to your lil incontient boy n you, hope to see you around the boards here quite a bit!

bendy kitty
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Negative people suck. 'Nuff said.