My cat hasn't pooped in 3-4 days!

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Re: My cat hasn't pooped in 3-4 days!

Post by BendyMom »

i have to agree, a hard ball in the abdomen is worth an x-ray, it is definitely causing obstruction. Need to find out what it is!
good luck!
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
meeo

Post by meeo »

Hello,

My cat has ibd and has lost 1 lb. After an ultrasound we put him on prednilisone and he has stopped vomiting. He has eaten a lot today and I noticed he hasn't pooped since the last time I changed his litter robot- I change it every 3-4 days. He looked uncomfortable this time after eating and didn't want me to touch him. What can I do? I'm worried he has a blockage starting maybe. I have been giving him home cooked chicken, baby food and baby food squash to help the constipation. Is the steroid making him eat too much? I thought about the enema suggestion here but he hates water and howls like crazy and escapes if I bathe him. I'm so worried. I don't want to massage him in case it may hurt him right now. I don't know what else may be going on with him. He also has early kidney disease with elevated bun. Thanks.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:slant: Given all of his problems, I think I'd head to the vet.
meeo

Post by meeo »

Thanks. He ended up pooping. I called them and he went for a recheck today. we are adding in psyllium to help soften his stool. So much going on. I hope this isn't the end for him. I need him.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Lactulose is a nifty softener that I never had any problems giving. It's a RX item, but it's a sweet liquid that's easy to give either alone or in food. Fiber adds bulk, for a bigger poop, which isn't necessarily a good thing, but it's a good, cheap thing to try. Some people use pumpkin for bulk, and my monsters always LOVE it.