CH Litterbox Help

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
koratgirl

CH Litterbox Help

Post by koratgirl »

I hope someone out there can help me with an issue I am having with my cats litterboxes. I have two cats one of which has mild Cerebellar Hypoplasia, my other cat is a normal girl. Recently my girl has started to use the CH boy's box. This would not be a problem except she doesn't squat when she pees so her pee is going all outside of the box! Her own box is a clever cat box with the opening on the top. It is perfect for her, but my boy has difficulty getting in and out if it. I thought of switching his box to a top entrance one as well, with a step up, but it doesn't help with him getting out of the box. We have tried boxes with flaps but they don't help either, she just goes in, doesn't turn around a pees out the flap. Currently his box is a storage container. We hoped it would be high enough to keep the girls pee in and Wibbles (CH boy) would be able to get in and out. It is at his limit, but certainly not hers! We have limited space as we live in a small flat so another box is not an option. I am wondering if anyone else has faced a similar situation and found a solution? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
critters
Founding Member

Re: CH Litterbox Help

Post by critters »

:whale: Hmm. We like the "dog litterboxes" for the low entry, and the bigger ones have pretty tall sides for the other 3 walls, but they might be too big for you. Could you saw down a wall of a storage bin to his preferred height, then leave the other 3 tall for your peepot girl? :D You might have to pad the cut edges with pipe insulation or something.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I don't know if this would work. Booda Clean Step?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... lInUS%2FNo
koratgirl

Post by koratgirl »

Thank you for the suggestions! I thought of the Booda Clean Step. There are two concerns though. Firstly I am in Asia and I have no clue where to get it, second I can still see Suzie with her little bum hanging out and pee dripping down the steps. Right now I have puppy training pads outside the box. We may have to build something that is step in step out.