NeoPaws best boot for dog dragging front toes?

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
brit1

NeoPaws best boot for dog dragging front toes?

Post by brit1 »

I am researching to find a boot to put on my 30lb BC/JRT who is dragging her toes on front right leg when walking. Her nails are worn down to the quick and would love for her to enjoy a short walk outside again. I found NeoPaws and they look like the best so wondering if anyone has used them successfully? brit
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: NeoPaws best boot for dog dragging front toes?

Post by Bobbie »

If it is just nails I'd try nail caps like Soft Paws (or Claws) if you can find the right size. Any boot is going to reduce her ability to put her foot down correctly. Some people have also used artificial nail glue to build up the nail to protect it.

If the foot itself is dragging you do need some kind of boot. Neopaws wouldn't be my choice as they aren't very flexible. (However I can't really think of a good, long-wearing, and flexible alternative- flexible tends to also mean non-long wearing.)

Another option might be Pawz balloon shows with Shoe Goo or duct tape on the spots that wear through.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels