Bizarre sibling rivalry...

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
CarolC

Re: Bizarre sibling rivalry...

Post by CarolC »

Awww...amazing! :hearts:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Awww!! :wub:
Pixie_Kitten

Post by Pixie_Kitten »

Beautiful cats :angel: I was just wondering if they're outdoor cats? My thinking is that maybe because they're not fixed there could be a male in the area and that might explain the scent. It could also explain the fighting. People normally think of males being territorial, however females can be too! My little Meg was a stray and she got pregnant. Before we realized she was with-kittens she would come home stinking to the high heavens of tomcat pee. Just a thought..

It's worth me noting I have smoked pot in the same house as every cat I have owned and NEVER have ONE of them reacted from it. Obviously I am not up in their business, blowing it about but they seem to act exactly the same, certainly not violent. It would take large quantities of smoke inside a closed off room for it to effect them. Hope that eases your mind some what.

(I do not recommend ever smoking any drugs around animals, just because you want to put that **** in your lungs doesn't mean they do. You chose to be intoxicated-they don't)
Sasha's Mom

Post by Sasha's Mom »

Pixie_Kitten wrote:Beautiful cats :angel: I was just wondering if they're outdoor cats? My thinking is that maybe because they're not fixed there could be a male in the area and that might explain the scent. It could also explain the fighting. People normally think of males being territorial, however females can be too! My little Meg was a stray and she got pregnant. Before we realized she was with-kittens she would come home stinking to the high heavens of tomcat pee. Just a thought..

It's worth me noting I have smoked pot in the same house as every cat I have owned and NEVER have ONE of them reacted from it. Obviously I am not up in their business, blowing it about but they seem to act exactly the same, certainly not violent. It would take large quantities of smoke inside a closed off room for it to effect them. Hope that eases your mind some what.

(I do not recommend ever smoking any drugs around animals, just because you want to put that **** in your lungs doesn't mean they do. You chose to be intoxicated-they don't)
Thank you!

No. Zaharina escaped once or twice, but came home after an hour or so.

Zaharina can't be spayed because she has respiratory problems. Two vets didn't want to chance putting her under. Her heats are very light and quick, thank heavens. Phaedra is spayed. I think female cats (of all varieties, large and small) are more territorial than the males.

I know what good pot smells like and believe me, the stuff this woman smokes, literally smells EXACTLY like male cat urine. I agree, the smoke itself (especially coming from downstairs), would not affect them, it's the smell alone that was doing it.

But problem solved on all counts. When I threatened to call the police, the landlady installed an exhaust fan and the odor rarely makes it up here anymore, but even that is moot at this point:
We are moving to Pennsylvania on Monday and will not have such problems anymore! :thankyou: :mrgreen:
Be simple, be earnest and spread that simplicity throughout everything you do.
http://eagles-sparrow.com
Pixie_Kitten

Post by Pixie_Kitten »

Ah that's fantastic news! Glad everyone's happy. Congratz on the move and goodluck! Come back to let us know how the babies settle in :D