Stroke

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
Rhys

Stroke

Post by Rhys »

I'm sorry I'm new to this site and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyway. My dog had a stroke 4 days ago, We went straight to the vet to figure out what it was. Today and for the past few days she has been walking, she can walk perfectly, she does have a slight head tilt and I have noticed that she isn't very active, she just sits down in our office and rarely gets up, although, like I said, she can walk fine, She used to be at the front door when she heard us coming home now she just lies in our office and looks up at us as we come in. I have noticed that her tail is between her legs most of the day when she is standing up. I was just wondering if you think she will start to be herself or if she will stay this way. I guess what I am asking is if she will make a full recover.
Thank you for all your answers in advance!
critters
Founding Member

Re: Stroke

Post by critters »

:whale:

4 days is really too soon to tell. Since she can walk and all already, even that it's so soon, I'd say that's a good sign.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

*Update* Thank you Critters, Bella is now able to get up and walk normally and her head tilt is virtually gone and she seems to be as good as she was before, Thanks a lot Critters :) :thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

That's GREAT! One of my wonkers is still tippy-headed and clumsy, but it doesn't bother him a bit. http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Meez-Easy-Read ... words=meez Yes, he's a cat, but it matters less than you might think! :mrgreen: